Request a Quote
Ready to Get Started?
If you're ready to get going? Want to discuss your ideas and requirements?
to arrange for a quote!
Each Site Unique
Each site design is unique, both in its requirements and complexities and that can affect both the recommended site design as well as the cost.
Based upon the information you provide, I will establish a price to create an original design based on your specifications.
Initial Design a Big Factor
Since I don't use cookie-cutter templates, most of the work (and cost) of a site is in the initial design.
Keep this in mind as you set out your requirements. It is easier to change something early in the design process than when the site is nearer to completion.
We're Engaging in a Dialogue
Remember, this is a dialogue. We want to develop something that incorporates your requirements, remains within your budget and uses the appropriate technology to will make it available to your target audience.
What You Provide
Without some certainty about the content you want on your site it is difficult to finalize any design. This can include the following:
- logos and similar proprietary images to identify your company or organization;
- text content like product/services descriptions and details about your company (or yourself) in MS Word suitable for copying into the site content; and
- images, PDFs, infographics and other linked or embedded content.
I'll need all the text, images and video content before work can begin on the site. The nature of the content can affect how the site is designed.
All content you provide needs to be in a format that is either suitable for use on the website or that can be easily converted.
Images need to be of professional quality in suitable formats and at least the size that will be displayed on the site. Preferably these images have not been edited other than by qualified graphics specialists.
I will not be able to use material for which you don't own the copyright or for which you have not acquired the legal right to use. I'll need you to confirm copyright ownership in writing or provide copies of any contracts that allow you to use copyrighted materials on your site.
- The Internet is a very public place and that makes it easy for lawyers and others to search for content used without permission.
- Neither of us wants to have to deal with those unpleasant issues.
Content Requiring Creation, Editing or Modification
If any of the content you provide needs to be modified or created for you, that information should be included in your request for a quote as that will affect the pricing.
Where you require logos or advanced graphics work done, I can refer you to qualified professionals.
Not Sure What You Want?
If you're not sure what you want, it will be difficult to provide a quote.
You can start by making a list of the things that you want your site to accomplish. You'll then want to determine what materials you need to provide or obtain based upon the list of items in the section above.
Next, you'll want to have an idea of how you want the site to look.
Try to get the design you're looking for clearer in your mind.
Consider other sites have you have visited that you like (and what you liked or didn't like about them). It may be a single element or a concept that appeals to you:
- What is the colour scheme? Is it soft or hard? Is it complimentary to what your site is about? The CSS color chart can help you define common colour names.
- How is the navigation through the site accomplished? Would it work for your site?
- Are you being wooed by the content or the technology?
- Have you viewed the site in a variety of browsers? Hint: your site will likely have visitors using different browsers on multiple operating systems and hardware including mobile devices.
- Are the images effective? What could you provide for your site that is similar or more appropriate?
You'll also want to have a look at your competition's sites — your customers or clients will be checking them out.
We'll want to ensure to advertise your company's strengths and address any weaknesses during the design process.
Other Expert Resources
I maintain working relationships with graphic designers, photographers and other professionals with skill-sets that extend my abilities in order to serve your needs. Whether it is a logo, a photo catalogue of your store or merchandise or something else I can find someone that can produce results for you.
Once you have firmed up your requirements I can prepare a quote for this added service.
to arrange for a quote!
Updated: March 16, 2017