Please read these guidelines completely before contacting me. I seldom respond to link suggestions and “reminders” are ignored. My decision is final.
Linking to this Site
If you find a page on this site worth linking to, please do so.
- You may NOT link to images or similar content. Your link must point to the page containing the information.
- Most pages enable you to link into relevant sections within that page.
Content is Copyright
The information on this site, including the images and text are protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
Except for linking, use of my material requires express written permission.
Submitting Link Suggestions
Each of these pages are intended to provide a resource that will help the specified audience learn more about the specified topic.
A Canadian Site
This site is a Canadian site, primarily for Canadian audiences. The inclusion of links will be based upon that demographic.
- I use Canadian English (except for quoted text or titles). Expect to see “cheque” rather than “check” and “colour” rather than “color.”
- Links that cater primarily to U.S. or European audiences are unlikely to be included unless the content is compelling for Canadian audiences.
The following are examples of sites that are unlikely to be included because they are not relevant to Canadian audiences:
- While Canadians may attend a U.S. university, the vast majority are more likely to attend Canadian schools so a resource including only U.S. universities is unlikely to be included.
- While there is useful information on U.S. medical sites, the Canadian medical system is different, including what medications and devices are approved as well as the laws pertaining to their use.
Sponsored Sites Not Included
Where sites are sponsored by an agency that I consider a conflict of interest such as patient information portals sponsored by drug companies or writing advice sponsored by vanity presses.
While sites sponsored by U.S. legal firms may provide timely and accurate information about dangerous medications or defective medical devices, the legal advice may not be accurate for Canadian patients and their families.
These sites will not be included in future updates.
Link Suggestions Must Be Relevant
Link suggestions must be relevant to the page's subject content and intended audience. View the existing content on this site to determine if your suggested resource fits in.
No Professional Services
I do NOT link to sites offering professional services of any kind (particularly those that compete with my services).
SEO Submissions Unwelcome
A common SEO tactic is to search for keywords then request a link from sites with a strong relevance. Rarely do such requests fit my site goals.
Submitting a Link Suggestion
If you believe your page truly compliments information on this site and doesn't conflict with my services, please submit it for consideration.
The content of your submission must comply with the following requirements:
- Your site must be relevant to this site's content.
- Links must be relevant to Canadian viewers.
- Links must not be time-sensitive (only static links are added).
- Links will be added at my discretion and as time permits.
- Descriptions may be edited for content and length.
- Links may be removed without notice.
- I do not entertain “link exchanges.”
- My decision is final (there are no other decision-makers).
Submitting a Relevant Submissions
Valid submissions can be submitted via email to with the following information:
- Your name and email (optionally, your Victoria local phone number).
- The website address you are submitting.
- A short description of your site.
- Why you think it is relevant to my site.
I rarely respond to link requests. Wasting my time with a follow-up email is NOT appreciated.