Please read these guidelines completely before contacting me.
The information on this page is intended to explain how link suggestions are handled. Please note:
- I seldom respond to link suggestions (please do not send follow-up emails).
- This site is owned and maintained by Russ Harvey.
- My decision is final (there are no other decision-makers). See site policies.
This site is NOT a blog, it is a series of information pages backed by curated external references (links) written and edited by Russ Harvey. I do NOT accept “guest posts” of any sort nor feel any obligation to include a link that I deem unsuitable or irrelevant.
Linking to this Site
If you find a page on this site worth linking to, please do so.
- Most pages enable you to link directly to the relevant sections of a page.
- If you don't know how to do this, see creating a link which includes a section with instructions on how to create internal links.
You may NOT link directly to images, PDFs, etc. hosted on this site.
- Instead, link to the page or specific section of a page that references them.
Content is Copyright
The information on this site, including all images and text are protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
You may NOT copy information for use on your site. Use of any material elsewhere requires express written permission.
- Short quotations clearly attributed to me and including a link back to the specific page containing the content are permitted.
- You may NOT use nor directly link to the images, PDFs, etc. hosted on this site.
I cannot provide permission to use external resources I've either quoted or obtained permission to use. You must obtain the copyright owner's permission directly.
- Some content (including images, PDFs, etc.) on this site are used by permission.
- Thumbnail images that link to external resources cannot be duplicated elsewhere.
Submitting Link Suggestions
Link Suggestions Must Be Relevant
Link suggestions must be relevant to the page's subject content and intended audience. View the existing content on this site to determine if your suggested resource fits in.
- This site is NOT a blog. I do not entertain guest posts or commentary on any of my pages nor on my Russ' Rants blog.
- Links are intended to be illustrative rather than exhaustive. Unless your site provides unique content that is directly relevant to my audience, I am unlikely to link to it.
Consulting Services Pages
The Russ Harvey Consulting Computer & Internet Services site contains the pages that detail services provided by Russ Harvey Consulting.
I do not welcome link suggestions of any kind in this section.
The Self-help Resources contains documentation, troubleshooting hints, advice and suggestions supported by relevant external links on a variety of operating systems, hardware and services.
Submitting a Link Suggestion
If you believe your page truly compliments information on this site and doesn't conflict with my services, please submit it for consideration.
- Links will be added at my discretion and as time permits.
- Descriptions may be edited for content and length.
- Links may be removed without notice.
My decision is final (there are no other decision-makers).
The content of your submission must comply with the following requirements:
- Your site must be relevant to this site's content.
- Links must be relevant to Canadian viewers, particularly those in Greater Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- Links must not be time-sensitive (only static links are added).
- I do not entertain “link exchanges.”
- I do not invite “guest posts” (all content is my own).
There are other reasons your site may not be included. Details in the sidebar (aside).
Submitting a Relevant Submissions
Valid submissions can be submitted via email to with the following information:
- Your name and email (optionally, your local Victoria phone number).
- The website address you are submitting.
- A short description of your site.
- Why you think it is relevant to my site.
I Rarely Respond
I rarely respond to link requests. Wasting my time with a follow-up emails is NOT appreciated and these messages are treated as spam.