Tutoring & Instruction
I offer onsite training using your computer and your software. Special learning requirements and topics can be accommodated.
Onsite help is only available in Greater Victoria.
Learn the Basics
We can start with the basics: how your computer functions, how to obtain hints or help, how you change the way your desktop looks.
I try to teach you principles that will help you to figure things out on your own. Spending the time to master a few key concepts now will enable you to progress faster later.
Moving on to Specific Tasks
Once you're comfortable with how your computer works and how you can make changes to your working environment, you'll want to move on to specific software and the tasks that are important to you.
As you spend time on your computer, you'll begin to see how learning to do one task can often open the door to overcoming other challenges.
Learn the specifics about a particular program or series of programs.
- Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, LibreOffice, etc.)
- Internet (email, web browsing, etc.)
- Finance (accounting, record-keeping, etc.)
- Graphics (photos, images, camera, etc.)
- Specialized (database, HTML, etc.)
- Utilities (computer cleanup, defragging, etc.)
I can also help you with most proprietary business software including setup and configuration services.